Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac dealers delivered 228,003 vehicles in 2022, including 55,724 vehicles in the fourth quarter, up 5 per cent and 42 per cent, respectively.
“Our sales demonstrate the team’s success increasing vehicle availability to meet strong customer demand,” said Sandor Piszar, vice president, sales, service and marketing, GM Canada. “As a result of those efforts, as well as working closely with our GM Canada dealers, we grew retail sales by 31 per cent this quarter, compared to Q4 2021 and more than doubled our commercial fleet sales for the calendar year. We expect to see that momentum accelerate in 2023 as we continue to rebuild dealer inventories and launch new EV and ICE vehicles across our portfolio.”
2022 Sales Highlights
- Based on strong Q4 sales, GM Canada is on track to account for 14.5 per cent of the Canadian market, up 1.8 points over 2021
- GM Canada continues to lead in fullsize SUV sales, with a total of 19,842 sales for Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban, GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, and Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV
- GM Canada is on track to lead the market in heavy-duty truck sales, with a total of 36,143 sales for Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD in 2022
- Chevrolet posted the brand’s best year ever for the all-electric Chevrolet Bolt and Bolt EUV, with 6,372 total sales
- Cadillac total sales increased 15 per cent as the brand delivered record retail sales for the third consecutive year
2023 New Product Launches
In 2023, GM Canada will introduce significant EV and ICE vehicle launches across GM’s most popular segments.
For EVs, Canadian shipments for the Cadillac LYRIQ have already begun, with the first customer deliveries expected in January. Also launching next year are the Chevrolet Equinox EV, Chevrolet Blazer EV, Chevrolet Silverado EV, GMC Sierra EV, and GMC HUMMER SUV EV.
For internal-combustion vehicles, in 2023 GM Canada will launch the all-new Chevrolet Trax, the all-new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, and the updated Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD.